Monday, October 23, 2006

My boss, the baseball fan

This actually happened seconds ago:

My Boss: "Hey, you know anyone who has any extra World Series tickets?"

Me: [Laughter. No actual response.]

What? Are you serious?

Okay, let's pretend that I did know someone who had a few 'extra' World Series tickets, just sitting around the house, maybe being used as bookmarks, perhaps clipped to the fridge - whatever the case may be. Now what? What if I say, "I sure do, Boss!" Am I expected to get ahold of those tickets and hand those over at face value to be used by him and/or some clients?

What if I had some tickets myself? Would I be expected to sell them to him and/or the clients at face value? If I had tickets, and for some insane reason was not going to the game myself, I would sell them at about ten times face value and maybe make a couple mortgage payments with the proceeds.

Extra World Series tickets? Good God, man, this is St. Louis.

No comments: